Registration is now open for our spring learn to row sessions.
For Registration please follow below instructions by clicking on:
• Adult Annual, Quarterly Memberships, and Adult Learn to Row
• Adult Learn to Row Session – May
• Classes will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00-8:30 AM, May 4th thru 27th
• Cost of each 4-week session is $250
• Classes will continue through the spring, summer and fall on a monthly basis
• Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we will mostly be utilizing our outdoor facilities. Arrival and departure times for all of our programs have been staggered so that we can practice social distancing protocols and sanitize commonly touched surfaces. We are operating in accordance with all state government and USRowing guidelines and will stay abreast of all updates and/or changes.
• Please try to arrive 5-10 minutes early so that practice can start promptly.
• If you are not feeling well we do ask that you do not come to the boathouse. If you miss a class due to sickness please contact us and we will do our best to schedule a makeup class.
What to Wear and Bring:
• Workout gear. A bright colored shirt is a MUST to help you be more visible to others on the water. Tighter fitting clothing is always better as bulky shorts and shirts tend to get caught in the seat tracks and oar handles. No need for swim shorts
• Socks and Sneakers. Depending on what boat you are in, you may or may not take your sneakers off to go on the water (when they come off they will be left on the dock). All classes will include land warmups and exercises (erging, running, calisthenics). No need for water shoes.
• Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
• Refillable water bottle
• Depending on the weather, layers and/or rain gear may be needed. We will be outside and on the water/land most of the time regardless of weather. Of course in the case of thunder and lightning or unsafe outside conditions we will be inside.
• Please do not bring valuables to the rowing club as we are not responsible for lost items.
• You will need to have a mask. It does not need to be worn when on the water or working out but will be needed for all other times. We have masks available at the boathouse for those that get wet or lost.
The boathouse is located at 3 Jennings Place, Norwalk. There are signs from the main road to help direct you. Please observe the 5 mph speed limit once you’ve crossed the train tracks and be courteous to the others that we share the property with.