Row With Us
Maritime Rowing Club offers sweep and sculling rowing program for all ages:
Adult Programs – include Learn to Row and Masters programs. Our Masters program is flexible and includes competitive and recreational components. Annual membership fee includes coaching. Private boat storage is available for additional fees.
Why row with Maritime Rowing Club?
In addition to the obvious benefits of rowing — great exercise, being outdoors, rowing on a team — Maritime also offers:
- flexible hours — you row when it’s convenient for you
- flexible lineups — come and row a double today, single tomorrow, or hop in a quadruple scull on Saturday
- full indoor fitness facility
- custom workouts prepared by the coaches
- world-class coaching — our coaches have gained international respect not only for their own competitive successes , but for their ability to train and develop world-class rowers
Among our competitive achievements are:
- Charlie Cole, member of the 2012 US Olympic Teams Bronze medal winner, Men’s Four
- Andrew Campbell (New Canaan,CT), US Bronze Medalist, single scull, World Rowing Junior Championships in 2010
- Dan Walsh (Norwalk, CT), member of the 2004 and 2008 US Olympic Teams, Bronze Medal winner, 2008
- Leslie Freed (Stamford, CT), who began rowing in 2003 at age 57 and won 5 medals at Masters Nationals in 2010
- Heidi Hunsberger (Wilton, CT), who rowed at Maritime and is now the novice lightweight rowing coach at University of Wisconsin
Our successes also include the hundreds of student athletes and masters rowers who have joined Maritime to learn the sport of rowing, and who have come away with new skills, new friendships, higher fitness levels, and their own ‘personal bests’ in rowing.